Tuesday 29 April 2014

A Hospital Visit and a Baby Shower

A Hospital Visit

A scheduled appointment last week, basically just a check up and to finalise Mum's records to ensure everything was up to date for The Mater after our transition from Logan Hospital.  We got to listen to X Man's heart.  It is amazing that his heart sounds so strong considering the deformity. In my books this is a really good sign, we need our little X Man to be strong.  Everything else checked out ok.  

A Baby Shower

My wonderful sister, Auntie K, with help from Grandma and Nanny P, put on a Baby Shower for Mum on the weekend.  
Baby Shower
A great day was had by all. Auntie K had organised games all with a baby theme.  Although I was not directly involved, I was floating around while looking after Mr Two and I could see (and hear) that the air was light and there was a lot of laughter and good times being had.  I cannot express how thankful I am to everyone involved for helping to make this day so enjoyable for Mum. It was a well needed positive distraction from our journey and I know that Mum is also very appreciative.

We were very fortunate to have received many amazing gifts for X Man and again Mum and I would like to thank everyone for these gifts.

Counting Down

Things are starting to pick up for us now.  Our calendar is looking very full with hospital and associated appointments.  We are also now starting to count down, first to Mum's final day at work before going on maternity leave, and secondly to welcoming X Man into our world.  We are still looking at August 1st for the due date, but if X Man is anything like his big brother we are probably looking like meeting our little man around the middle of July, which brings me to...

Guess X Man's Birthday

Want to take a guess at X Man's birthday?  Leave your guess as a comment below.  Closest gets bragging rights!

6 comments:

  1. I'm guessing Xman will come on his due date 1st August - It's always a lovely happy day as it is all the horses birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trudi, when have you ever known a Clough to be on time??? :)

      Delete